I certainly feel that mountain climbing happens to be one of the best workouts that you can actually use to test your physical strength and your mental endurance as well. Mountain climbing is something that requires you to invest yourself, especially when we are talking about your mental health. You need to be into mountain climbing, mentally. There are few other exercises that actually work, especially when it comes to helping you build muscle to climb mountains.
You need to understand that you should be physically and mentally prepared, and also, you need to be very flexible, and you should be able to endure a lot of things you are climbing a mountain like Kilimanjaro, for instance. You also need to understand that patience is certainly a very necessary virtue, especially when scaling a mountain.
Climbing a mountain is kind of a workout for your body and your mind as well. It is designed to develop your strength, flexibility, aerobic fitness, balance and aerodynamics as well. Those who are actually into professional rock climbing always train outdoors, because they know what it takes to actually climb real mountains in real life. But, if you are a beginner who is looking to try something new in the world of sports, it is definitely good to start with an indoor training Centre, if you have a mountain climbing trip coming ahead in the next couple of months.
I will now list out some pros and cons of mountain climbing.
1. The very first advantage that I would like to talk about is that it gives you the strength and endurance to actually face anything. Rock climbing is certainly something that would stimulate your heart rate and born a significant amount of calories. If a person who weighs 70 kg burns around 600 cal per hour of climbing, he can end up losing a lot of weight in a month or so.
2. The second advantage is that you will actually be strengthening your muscles.
3. The third advantage is that it is going to give you a very good stretching opportunity.
4. You should also understand that it will definitely restore your peace of mind. When you are climbing a mountain, all you are going to be seeing is nature in its glory, and it is going to be spectacular indeed.
I will now list out some disadvantages.
1. The very first one is actually a very important one. There are some safety concerns, especially when it comes to mountain climbing. There are a lot of uncertainties, because you are going to be scaling a literal mountain.
2. Keep in mind that it is physically straining. Like I mentioned above, you are going to have to be mentally and physically prepared to scale a mountain.